Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
What would this course qualify me to do?
The Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF) is the most highly regarded of all the IQA qualifications. It equips you with all the skills necessary to:
- Quality Assure qualifications;
- Manage the Internal Quality Assurance processes for a training centre;
- Manage other Internal Quality Assurers;
- Develop and write Internal Quality Assurance policies and procedures;
- Manage External Quality Assurance (EQA) visits.
Start Your IQA Course in Three Easy Steps
Send us over a copy of your CV
We will check that you are eligible
We contact you to get you started!
What will I learn?
This qualification consists of 3 units. These are:
Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
Unit 2 – Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
Unit 3 – Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
Upon completion of this qualification, you will understand how to and be able to:
– Produce a work plan for own area of responsibility;
– Allocate and agree responsibilities with team members;
– Monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility and provide feedback;
– Review and amend plans of work for own area of responsibility and communicate changes;
– Plan the internal quality assurance of assessment;
– Maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
– Manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
– Internally evaluate, maintain and improve the quality of assessment
How do I study?
The qualification is delivered with a mix of online study and two or three practical training days. The online part of the course allows you to study at a time and pace that is convenient for you and covers all of the theory. The practical training days take place in either our London, Birmingham, Manchester or Boston offices. On these days you will be working alongside an experienced IQA and taking part in, or leading, a range of real-life IQA activities with our assessors and learners.
In addition to the online learning resources, you also have unlimited access to our experienced IQA’s either by telephone or email. They are there to help you through the course so please make use of them.
How long does the course take?
The qualification is described as taking 115 guided learning hours. Please use this as a guide and think how many hours a week you are able to commit to studying.
Remember with Brooks and Kirk you set the pace of your learning so whether it takes 12 weeks or 12 months is entirely up to you.
How much does the course cost?
The cost of the course entirely depends on how you intend on funding the course and which Awarding Body you would like your IQA qualification to be accredited by.
Please head over to our funding options page so that we can make it as easy for you as possible to establish what the cost of your IQA course would be.
Still not sure if this is the course you need?
Not a problem. Talk to one of our friendly advisers and they will help you to decide.